Changes Made from Film Review

My group and I are nearly done with our filming. Now, I have to make some changes based on the film review that I did with a college student I associate with. We were missing several camera angles and shots. This caused the film to look duller than it could have been. So, Kennedy and Madelyn refilmed some scenes to incorporate the missed angles and shots. I also needed to add more voiceover dialogue.

I communicated with Madelyn and Kennedy to check up on their progress. And through their responses, I found out that Madelyn went to the library to refilm some scenes. Looking over the first scene she refilmed, I noticed how it was a panning shot that also worked as an establishing shot. It was of the outdoor area with the trees where she had to run. Looking through the majority of the reshoots, most of the scenes included shots of her running through the setting of the area. There were several panning shots and establishing shots. With this new material, I edited a few of them in between the other scenes. As there were a lot of pauses with black screens, I used some of that space to fit in some establishing shots. I will most likely add in the panning shots somewhere at the beginning of the film. However, when observing most of the refilmed videos, I will have to trim the videos because some timing issues can be seen. For example, during the running scenes, the character can be seen standing for a few seconds before running. The purpose of the scene was so there was constant running, so I edited out the part where she waited. 

Overall, most of the changes that needed to be made were adding more angles, which is what I was able to edit thanks to Kennedy and Madelyn refilming the necessary scenes. After several more touch-ups, this film is on its way to the finish line. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Genre Research: Thriller

Planning: Storyboard