Editing: Touching Up

The editing for this project is nearly done in full completion. All that is left is adding in the rest of the voiceover dialogue and refilming a few scenes. I will be editing today whereas my groupmates will refilm. The reason being is that our film needed more camera angles. So in order to fix that setback, Kennedy and Madelyn will refilm some scenes to incorporate the missed angles and shots. 

It was slightly difficult to start recording though. Usually, my house is full of noise coming from every direction. So, I closed my room door and plugged in my headphones that had a built-in microphone. This allowed for only my voice to be heard so that it didn't sound odd when put together with the actual scenes. Most of the voiceovers will be huffing due to running scenes. But, there are some that require dialogue. For example, when finding the mysterious objects, the characters are meant to let out surprised gasps and/or express bemusement. According to the script, it is planned for my character to say "What is this?" when unwrapping the paper. 

There is also a scene where the words "I HAVE TO FIND THEM" are written in quotation marks on a black screen. I am still debating whether or not I should put a voiceover for that or leave it silent for dramatic effect. As of now, I will wait until discussing with my group what we could do. Initially, I put it on the storyboard to depict all the characters' thoughts simultaneously. So in order to display that without a voiceover, I italicized the entire text, put a shaking animation on it, and changed the color. However, I am not sure if it accurately depicted what I was trying to go for, so I will have to consult my groupmates about it. In the meantime, I researched potential sound effects I can add to the film. Unfortunately, the majority of the good ones require payment. Hopefully, this turns out well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Genre Research: Thriller

Planning: Storyboard