Film Review

Everything has been put together for the most part at last. Now for critiques from an outside person. I reached out to a college student that I am familiar with. She had an eye for detail so I believed that she would give good constructive criticism. So, to reach out, I sent her a message to see if she was free to check it out. Once she responded and said yes, I sent her the video and waited for her response.

She watched it over twice for a better understanding of the concept. The second time she watched it, she paused and pointed out minor flaws that could be fixed. For example, some of the clips had a very slight glitch where the scene would start to replay for a split second but then continue on with the video. She suggested that I should trim it to have a more smooth transition. Then she pointed out how some of the title design fonts were slightly different as well. She stated that I should make it more similar and have the major ones be more distinct.

Overall, the scenes were mostly okay according to her. However, she suggested that I add more camera angles for more effect. She said that most of our scenes had more or less the same camera angles and shots and that there should be more variety. Listing that down, she also told me that there should be more sound effects and voiceovers. If the goal was to achieve telling a story in two minutes, then it was necessary to add more color and sound according to her. I asked if the music that was chosen was a good choice and she agreed, saying that it was fitting with the given genre. Overall, she found the opening sequence of my group's film to be interesting and is looking forward to seeing the final product. I am also looking forward to seeing improvements with this new information.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Genre Research: Thriller

Planning: Storyboard